Monday, October 8, 2007

Yorktown

In September, we visiting Yorktown. I (Emily) thought Yorktown was the most beautiful of sites we've visited in compairson to Williamsburg and Jamestown. Yorktown was the place where the Americans and the French trapped the British. They finally surrendered. Below is some pictures we took on our trip to Yorktown:



DJ with a French cannon used in the attack on Yorktown.


The Americans and French build ramparts. They placed cannons behind them and fired on the British in Yorktown.


Below is a pretty picture I captured on the drive around the Yorktown encampment.


The road we drove down...this reminded me of the movie "The Patriot."


Of course the day we went to Yorktown it reached 100 degrees! Here I am cooling off in the little stream on the drive around the Yorktown encampment.


DJ loved Jamestown, the whole family loved Williamsburg, but I've got to say, Yorktown is on the top of that list for me. I don't need recreations to tell me what the trees and the wilderness speaks loudly of....that there was a war there, which is part of our history. I was abe to imagine what those men felt like long ago in the fight with the British over Yorktown...*wow*

No comments: