Monday, June 14, 2010

Oil on the beach


British Petroleum's oil that has been for weeks pouring oil into the Gulf of Mexico, now has reached the beaches of Pensacola, Florida. My dad, who is stationed at Pensacola, Florida Naval Air Training Station, took some photos of what the beaches look like.

I'm sure that the British Christians prayed at the evacuation of Dunkirk in World War II. As a result the German aircraft were unable to attack the ships used for the evacuation because clouds covered the sky.

If we Christians of America pray, similar to how the British Christians prayed, God can turn off the fountains of BP oil. We must pray with faith and repentance of our sin, just like our brothers in faith did in World War II. As 2 Chronicles 7:14 says:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."







No comments: